160 million-plus square
feet of development
Terminus of the Singapore–Malaysia
High Speed Rail
140+ towers on
in the heart of Kuala Lumpur
- Bandar Malaysia held a master plan competition to propose a new mega-district for Kuala Lumpur that would provide passengers with a new international high-speed rail terminal.
- The site needed to be the country’s most comprehensive transit hub, integrating high-speed rail, airport express rail, commuter rail, mass rapid transit, bus rapid transit, commuter buses, surface light rail, private and shared vehicles, and non-motorized transit.
- The site had to accommodate over 160 million square feet of development—an impressively dense urban experience in the heart of Kuala Lumpur.
- The master plan was economically feasible, representing the best in development, best practice, and real estate strategy.
- The development was created to advance Malaysia’s efforts in transit-oriented development—an exemplar for future development.
- A master plan was created that placed outdoor public space within 250 metres of every development plot.
- Clusters were developed around multimodal transportation centers, maximizing value for development and enabling a public-transport-enabled city.
- Phasing and plot sequencing reinforced transit-oriented development and enabled investment in shared public space and infrastructure.
- A walking-focused garden city separates vehicular traffic from pedestrians, reserving the new ground level for walking, biking, and light-rail public transit.
- Bandar Malaysia's Constellation City will transform Kuala Lumpur into a global leader in sustainable, connected, and integrated urban living for the 21st century.
- It serves as a vibrant, new international gateway for passengers arriving in Malaysia by high-speed rail.
- The city is a vibrant new “star” in Kuala Lumpur’s constellation of urban centers.
- It delivers a compelling vision, grounded in practical implementation and real estate strategy.
- Bandar Malysia is Kuala Lumpur’s premiere live-work-play community with unprecedented access to public local, regional, and international transportation options.
- It is a seamlessly connected leading destination for investment in Southeast Asia.
- Integrated sustainable strategies include water recycling, on-site water treatment, reduced carbon travel, daylighting, and renewable energy generation.
- Successfully named to the qualified panel for this invited, paid competition
How we can help you
If you have a problem that needs to be solved, please get in touch.